Tuesday, November 4, 2008

This VOTE - History in the Making

It's the day that we have been waiting for since we saw the first campaigning begin I believe back in the beginning of 2007 (if not sooner). Today we do our American duty and go to the polls to choose our next President for the next four years. I have to say that I am in awe of the fact that we live in such a great county and we have the power to decide. Today will mark a new chapter in the history books. We could possibly have the first black president or the first female vice president. It is so exciting. This could also be the biggest voter turnout in history EVER! My sister at age 30 even registered to vote for the first time this year - amazing!

So I have gone in today as a strong, intelligent, voting woman and marked my ballot with who I believe will make this a safe, secure, and well-respected country I want to raise my children in. I know that I am only human and I don't know everything so I made sure to pray to God that he choose the best leader for this country. And I can only hope that whomever it may be, McCain or Obama, that they believe in Him and lead our country the way that it was created to be lead.

No comments: