Thursday, September 11, 2008

AJ's First School Program

Tonight I saw one of the best productions I have ever seen. It wasn't a Broadway show or a Michael Buble' concert; it wasn't a "girls night out" movie or a ballet -- it was AJ's first school program!

It melted my heart when the curtain went up and the all the kids anxiously looked for a friendly face in the crowd and waved. I have to admit I was a tad bit nervous for him since he told me absolutely nothing about what he was doing in this production, regardless of my continuous questions concerning the evening. And I had no idea how he would react when he saw all those people looking at him. Thankfully, he was a natural. Acted like he knew just what to do. He sang and signed to the music and danced a little. I have to say, sometimes that kid completely surprises me!

The 100 kids on stage sang, "R-E-D red", "B-L-U-E spells blue", "Y-E-L-L-O-W spells yellow, the Days of the Week song and If You're Happy and you Know It. It was the most special event of the week. And it's created one of the best memories to carry with me!

And I have to comment that on this seventh anniversary of 9/11 these four year olds were not even a thought yet. However we stood and said the pledge allegiance with the victims, survivors and soldiers in our thoughts. It was refreshing to see that life does go on after a tragedy. Just look at all these precious angels!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Look how big and handsome he looks in the picture! Oh My Gosh! Your baby is growing up!